GDRA is pleased to announce that we will be teaching LTR in singles starting in July. To teach safely and effectively, classes will be limited to 3 students per instructor. Classes will be held on weekends. Morning or early afternoon weekday sessions are also possible if there is sufficient interest. The cost will be $175 per person. To reserve your spot or for more information, please contact email@example.com.
Location: Downtown Dayton YMCA, Yoga/Pilates Room (adjacent to cycling)
Starts: December 5th
Schedule: Thursdays 6:15-7:15pm, Saturdays 11am-Noon
Coach: Jan Hill
Fees: YMCA of Greater Dayton membership is required, the initiation fee will be waived. You may cancel membership during any month. GDRA provides the rowing ergometers and coaching at no cost. If you already have a YMCA of Greater Dayton membership, then you are all set! And of course, your YMCA membership includes full access to Y facilities and programs in all Greater Dayton YMCAs.
To assist with obtaining your YMCA membership ahead of your first workout, GDRA will have someone at the YMCA counter on Thursday December 5 at 5:30pm, and Saturday December 7 at 10:30am.
As a GDRA member, you can use our ergs whenever the room is available. Also, there is likely to be a regular morning group ( more on that later).
Please let me know if you have any questions. See you there!
GDRA has recently introduced a Youth Membership category ages 12 – 17 years old in order to respond to requests from prospective members to be able to row with their families!
- All existing GDRA rules will apply equally to Adult Members and Youth Members (including membership fee).
- The only distinction between Youth and Adult Members is that Youth Members will require the supervision of an Adult Sponsor.
- This new option does not change the existing Parent/Child rule that allows parents to row with non-member children.
Please email the GDRA Membership Director for more information.
- Dogwood Masters Classic May 25, 2019 | Melton Lake | Oak Ridge, TN (USA)
- Indy Summer Sprints Jun 22, 2019 | Eagle Creek Park | Indianapolis, IN (USA)
- Independence Day Regatta Jun 28, 2019 to Jun 30, 2019 | Schuylkill River | Philadelphia, PA (USA)
- Midwest Summer Sprints Championships Aug 3, 2019 | Dillon Lake | Nashport, OH (USA)
- USRowing Masters National Championships Aug 15, 2019 to Aug 18, 2019 | Grand River| Grand Rapids, MI (USA)
Greater Dayton Rowing Association has been operating since 1992. Our boathouse is on Island MetroPark, near downtown Dayton. We welcome everyone from college students to retirees. Both recreational rowers and competitive racers. Our membership is a pretty even split between men and women.
We will teach you how to row!
- Sign up for Learn-To-Row. ($75 for 6 lessons). Contact the LTR Director
- After graduating from Learn-To-Row, your first year membership is free !
If you already know how to row,
then join GDRA now!
- As a member, you have full access to the boathouse at any time of day. So, you can row on your own schedule, or team up with someone, or join the regularly scheduled sweep practice.
- We have 40 club owned boats to choose from, ranging from entry level boats to elite Hudson racing shells. The fleet includes 2 eights, 2 fours, 1 pair, 5 quads, 7 doubles and 23 singles.
- If you own a boat, we have berths available. Contact the Boathouse Manager.
- Membership fees are reduced for Young Adults (age 18-27) and summer-only College Students.
- Active and Retired Military discounts on all classes and membership fees. Contact the Club President.
- Go to Regatta Central to sign up now!