Greater Dayton Rowing Association has been operating since 1992. Our boathouse is on Island MetroPark, near downtown Dayton. We are focused 100% on adult rowing. We welcome everyone from college students to retirees. Both recreational rowers and competitive racers. Our membership is a pretty even split between men and women.
We will teach you how to row!
- Come to Discover Rowing Day on May 11. It’s free. We will put you in a team boat with experienced rowers so that you can feel what rowing is all about. It’s really fun!
- Sign up for Learn-To-Row. ($75 for 6 lessons)
- Sculling 101 starts weekends on May 18.
- Sweeping starts weeknights on June 4.
- Sculling 102 starts weekends on June 15.
- After graduating from Learn-To-Row, your first year membership is free !
If you already know how to row,
then join GDRA now!
- As a member, you have full access to the boathouse at any time of day. So, you can row on your own schedule, or team up with someone, or join the regularly scheduled sweep practice.
- We have 40 club owned boats to choose from, ranging from entry level boats to elite Hudson racing shells. The fleet includes 2 eights, 2 fours, 1 pair, 5 quads, 7 doubles and 23 singles.
- If you own a boat, we have berths available. Contact the Boathouse Manager.
- Membership fees are reduced for Young Adults (age 18-27) and summer-only College Students.
- Active and Retired Military discounts on all classes and membership fees. Contact the Club President.
- Go to Regatta Central to sign up now!