Greater Dayton Rowing Association has been operating since 1992. Our boathouse is at 102 East Helena Street, on Island MetroPark, near downtown Dayton. We are focused 100% on adult rowing. We welcome everyone from college students to retirees. Both recreational rowers and competitive racers are welcome. Our membership is a pretty even split between men and women.
We will teach you how to row!
– Sign up for Adult Learn-To-Row by contacting Brian White at LTR.firstname.lastname@example.org.
$150 for 6 lessons. You start out in quads (4-person boats), progress to doubles and finally singles.
Saturday and Sunday at 10am-12noon for three weekends in a row.
The June class runs from June 12-27.
The July class runs from July 10-25.
– After graduating from Learn-To-Row, your first year membership is free !
If you already know how to row,
then join GDRA now!
– As a member, you have full access to the boathouse at any time of day. So, you can row on your own schedule, or team up with someone, or join the regularly scheduled sweep practice.
– We have 40 club owned boats to choose from, ranging from entry level boats to elite Hudson racing shells. The fleet includes 2 eights, 2 fours, 1 pair, 5 quads, 7 doubles and 23 singles.
– If you have your own boat, we have berths available.
– Membership fees are reduced for Young Adults (age 18-27) and summer-only College Students.
– For current membership fees, go to Regatta Central.
– Active and Retired Military discounts on all classes and membership fees.
– For more information, contact Ed Walz at email@example.com.
~Doug Barker, GDRA President